Tuesday, December 14, 2010

WHO I AM WRITING TO

Before I begin, I should state that I am not writing this for people looking to take the easy path. I admit that I never “made it” in rock and roll. So I won’t be able to tell you how to handle yourself on your Grammy award winning night. I can only tell you what I know. And what I know is if you work hard, avoid some pitfalls, and keep trying, there are a lot of great things you can enjoy in this hobby/vocation/addiction of music.

I believe in the musician who wants to play music every day. That person who needs rock like they need air. If you can take it or leave it, then this is not for you. If you are doing music as a bit of a hobby, I hope you find a lot of good tips in here. But if you are playing music because you have to play it or you would simply lose your love of life, then I am writing for you. Maybe some things written here will help you along the way. Maybe you will catch a break and make it huge.

I know there are people with less talent than I who have made a great living on rock, and people with more talent who have been less successful. Here’s hoping you find great success and enjoyment – however you define success.

No comments:

Post a Comment